Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Progress

I have been so richly blessed in the past couple years and I'm beginning to see and believe and desire to be progressively sanctified; constantly separating myself unto the Lord.

There are areas of my life that I have fallen, fallen, fallen again, again and again in the past. Christ's blood sets me FREE of these strongholds! I am so excited that my heart truly desires to repent (turn away) from these sins, FOREVER! It's possible, with Jesus' blood and the power of the Holy Spirit working in my heart. Praise God.

For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but have the power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ [2 Corinthians 10:4-5]

The Christian walk is not a journey of "O Lord, I have failed in this area of temptation once again, and I come to Your feet and ask forgiveness... I'll be back next week, though, to ask forgiveness for the same sin." Yes, these cycles of sinfulness and shame can occur in our walk, but God wants us to have freedom and to turn our backs on these especially difficult areas of surrender! And in so doing, STOMP ON SATAN'S FACE!
Let us ask that our hearts continually be refined... purified by His holy flame; that all impurities, faults and blemishes may be burned away, little by little... as we are progressively sanctified unto Him.

Have you been struggling with a recurring sin? Proclaim Christ's victory in your life; your heart, mind and body. He has freed you from enslavement to it! Reach out and CLAIM this power that destroys all strongholds and may you look increasingly like Jesus, forevermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment