Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Gracious uncertainty

The title of this blog comes from Oswald Chambers' My Utmost for His Highest. The devotion from April 29 is titled "The graciousness of uncertainty" and struck a chord with me at the time (and now!) A beautiful excerpt from this devo is as follows:
Certainty is the mark of the common-sense life:
gracious uncertainty is the mark of the spiritual life.
To be certain of God means that we are uncertain in all our ways,
we do not know what a day may bring forth.
This is generally said with a sigh of sadness;
it should be rather an expression of breathless expectation.
We are uncertain of the next step, but we are certain of God.
...
Leave the whole thing to Him, it is gloriously uncertain how He will come in,
but He will come.

I don't think I'm called to a life of celibacy, but right now I want to live like I am.
To find fullness in Christ and in Him alone... and the STRENGTH to abide in Him alone!
I want to live IN this fullness until it pleases God to call me out of singleness, not just hoping and waiting for the future to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment